| Review | Kolbrann - Imprudentes | Ana Dâmaso

em sexta-feira, 27 de julho de 2018 |

Hello guys!

Thanks to Chiado I had the opportunity to read the third instalment in the Koldbrann series, Imprudentes (Reckless). This fact has in no way influence my opinion.
Be aware that this review will contain spoilers of the previous two books, read at your own expense.


Disloyal left us with some recently turned Diana and Josh and a lot of unanswered questions. And in the first 100 pages of Reckless I was really confused, Diana is high on Koldbrann and hallucinating making it hard to distinguish between events.  Even though I understand Cláudia’s intent, which is making the reader feel as high as Diana is, and she did so brilliantly; however, I was so confused I had no will to read.

But I forced myself to keep going – obviously, I mean, wouldn’t you want to know how Diana is getting out of this mess?

Since the beginning that I’ve found Cláudia’s approach to the apocalyptic world/plot very intriguing and somewhat refreshing, and in this book we dive deeper into that world.  And so we dive deeper into the science behind what happened in the end of the world. I. LOVED. It. I’m a science girl as well as literature one, and I’m a sucker for combining those two worlds.

The one main fault I find with this book is the same one I found in the first one, lack of action. We spend so much time learning about this world that in the end, that those big turning points in the plot, where action unfolds and you’re supposed to be gripping the book, so engrossed in the story that you cannot put the book down… they just fly by too quickly or don’t exist at all.

And arg... It makes me so mad, because Koldbrann could be a five-star read to anyone if only there was a more well distribution between story development and plot.

I’m still very excited for the final instalment of the Koldbrann saga and I have hopes that the little things that were not perfect in these last books will be amazing in the next.

If you liked the previous you will certainly enjoy Imprudent, so check Cláudia’s Facebook and Instagram’s page because she’s always having amazing sales where you can get her books with an amazing discount!







Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário