Review - Reconciliation by Amy Brock McNew

em quinta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2017 |

If you’ve been following us for a while you know I love the first book of this series Rebirth.

I’m always surprised how this author gets me to love a book so entwined with religion. Don’t take me wrong, I have nothing against any religion but I am not a religious person. If there’s ever been a prove a book is good there you have it: making me read and love something with religion!

Yahp that’s it. Review time over. No need to say more.


>> seriously though click below to see my actual opinion <<


Do not progress if you have not read the first book. The following review will contain mild spoilers from this series.

Synopsis: 
Some ghosts from the past refuse to stay dead.



Finally. Finally everything is coming together for Liz Brantley.

She's marrying Ryland Vaughn, the man of her dreams. She's embraced her calling and battles the minions of hell bent on her destruction. And she's left her dark past far behind her.

Or so she thought.

A secret she holds close, stuffed down deep, surfaces at the wrong time for everyone in Liz's life, leaving a trail of devastation. Left reeling, Liz wonders if she made a mistake, putting her trust in God, her guardian Arie, and Ryland.

And the demon Kade capitalizes on her shaken faith. With a vengeance.

Torn between her tortured past and the future she craves, Liz is desperate to defeat every demon that stands in her way.

Before all hell breaks loose and swallows her whole.


Review:

This book starts a few months after the ending of the other, Lizzy and Ryland are still mourning the losses they’ve suffered while discovering their love once again.

But Kade is still on the loose and with a new threat bend on destroying Liz will it ever be enough?

Reconciliation is not as good as the first one because while Rebirth was fresh, intense, full of battles and romance while this one lacks … development. We get into a loop of same old, same old; which gets boring after 100 pages.

But Amy has a way of absorbing you into her scenes, making you fall in love even when there is nothing to love. Even when you don’t want to
.
Gods, and I’m in love with Ryland. I think I’ve said this in my previous review; however, in this one he completely got my heart. Such love, such desire, such a brilliantly written character!

I really like the angels as well, in the previous one we got to know them but not as such diverse characters. In Reconciliation we get to know them in a different light, as different and with unique personalities. *High five Sidriel!*

Overall, I really liked this book, it is a nice sequel to the first one and I loved the new additions to the crew! I can't wait to read more about Nate and Ilona! 
If you liked the first one, definitely go for this one! And the next, I believe there will be one more book!
Can hardly wait!!

Rating: 4 stars

What are your thoughts on this series?
Will you be giving it a chance?



 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário