| Review | November 9 | My CoHo's Journey

em domingo, 9 de setembro de 2018 |


Fourth chapter in my CoHo’s journey!

And let me tell you this is the first time I think one of Colleen’s book doesn’t have enough recognition.

This book is actually good. I read it in a few hours and was sad to let it go.

Now, I’m not saying I’m converted, there are still problems with this book that make me itch, but I see the appeal of her writing.


Synopsis:


25111004Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.


Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?



Review:
In November 9’s our characters are very relatable. As a writer I fell immediately for Ben, who’s starting his writing career. But I also found Fallon very relatable, as kid she wanted to follow her father’s footsteps and then something happens and she gets disfigured (all of us know acting depends heavily on one’s appearance), because of this her life has been on pause for a while.

Who can’t relate with this, having something happen bad happening than getting stuck in a place where you cannot move forward and you just keep spiralling down.

But that’s not something new on Colleen’s book, are characters always strike close to home, one way or another.

The thing that, I think, made me like this book more than the other was, that despite the impossibilities of their situation, will go to that later, we get a long-term relationship, that we see developing. And more than the love story, I loved the message that everyone has scares, some more visible than others, and that everyone is beautiful, they just need to find the right eyes to seen them (psstt the right eyes to see you are yours, none other matters).

More than anything, this book sold me in his main characters, Fallon and Ben, they – for me – were the more relatable than the others before, slightly more ‘’real’’.

But, and there is always a but with Colleen Hoover’s book, her plots, or better, the things that happen to make the main characters cross paths are just so unrealistic. And then, for example in this book, they’ve never met each other, but suddenly Ben is in Fallon’s house and she’s half-naked… I understand why it happens, there’s a need to create a connection to later develop the relationship, specially with the premise of this book.

In this book what makes me mad, happy that it happened, but mad because it’s too much unrealism in so little pages. They meet in a weird way, Ben’s secret is completely unrealistic and then the end. 

Guys THE END.

If you’ve read this book, please, let me know in the comments if I was the only one annoyed – even if happy – with how the end was done. Am I making sense guys?

I feel like I’ve contradicted myself a lot in this review, because my feelings on this novel are very contradicting. I read it in a few hours, couldn’t honestly stop reading, but when I finished and thought about what to tell you, there were just so many little things that – as reader and writer – bugged me.

I don’t know. I honestly don’t know what to tell you. I’m not sold on Colleen, because of these incoherencies, but at the same time, this is my favourite book of hers until now.

So, tell me what you think of November 9 and of Cooleen’s writing if you’ve not read this book.

Rating: 4,5 stars.



1 comentário:

  1. Adoro como o teu livro favorito dela é o 2º que menos atenção e curiosidade me desperta 😂 mas é engraçado que não és a primeira pessoa que vejo que diz que ela tem livros muito bons e livros muito maus

    ResponderEliminar