| Review | The Sweetest Oblivion | Danielle Lori

em segunda-feira, 13 de agosto de 2018 |

Hello book-nerds!
Here we are again, ready do discuss a book! This one I was kindly given an e-copy from the author!




39083635Synopsis:

She’s a romantic at heart, living in the most unromantic of worlds . . .

Nicknamed Sweet Abelli for her docile nature, Elena smiles on cue and has a charming response for everything. She’s the favored daughter, the perfect mafia principessa . . . or was.

Now, all she can see in the mirror’s reflection is blood staining her hands like crimson paint.

They say first impressions are everything . . .

In the murky waters of New York’s underworld, Elena’s sister is arranged to marry Nicolas Russo. A Made Man, a boss, a cheat—even measured against mafia standards. His reputation stretches far and wide and is darker than his black suits and ties. After his and Elena’s first encounter ends with an accidental glare on her part, she realizes he’s just as rude as he is handsome.

She doesn’t like the man or anything he stands for, though that doesn’t stop her heart from pattering like rain against glass when he’s near, nor the shiver that ghosts down her spine at the sound of his voice.

And he’s always near. Telling her what to do. Making her feel hotter than any future brother-in-law should. Elena may be the Sweet Abelli on the outside, but she’s beginning to learn she has a taste for the darkness, for rough hands, cigarettes, and whiskey-colored eyes. Having already escaped one scandal, however, she can hardly afford to be swept up in another.


Besides, even if he were hers, everyone knows you don’t fall in love with a Made Man . . . right?


Review:

I am obsessed with this book. From the bottom of my heart, truly, one of the best reads of the year.
I read this in a few hour WITH AN EXAM IN BETWEEN, that’s how good it was. I made myself study with the promise that once I finished, I’d get to read, that how good.

Disclaimer, this is my first mafia book. I was scared I wasn’t going to like it, this is so different from what I’m used to reading…

But oh boy…

Firstly, the character are so well built, so believable.

I fell completely in love with Nicolas Russo, I’ve always had a soft spot for bad guys, and Nico is the definition of bad. Despite is line of work, I found him so human. His insecurities, his smartass comebacks.

If you’re the type of girl to love a bad boy, Nicolas Russo is so going to make you fall hard, unforgivingly. Good luck!

Even though I don’t usually like the timid, let the man talk girl, in this book I was able to connect with Elena. She lives in a difficult world, has been forced to endure some horrible things, and so smiling and saying yes do daddy is the only way she has to try and protect herself from a world that was not made for woman.

Oh but I loved the dynamic of these two. Their no insta-love, which made this book even better. Their attraction, yes, and lust. But Elena and Nicolas hate each other in the beginning, and the relationship is only built because their families are going to be united and they are forced to spend time together.
I loved everything about this book, the irrational decisions, the background. Nicolas’s story and his one fear.

Just stop reading this review and go get yourself a copy of this book so you can experience how good it is. Because you should.

One my favourite reads of 2018 without a doubt.

Rating: 5 stars *just because I can’t give it more*

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário