Hamilton Book Tag

em terça-feira, 17 de julho de 2018 |
Warning: This post may contain spoilers. Please read the following text at your expense and risk.


How does a bastard, orphan, son of a wh… Oh! There you are! *blushes*



Resultado de imagem para alexander hamilton gifsLatelly I’ve been into Broadway shows, being Hamilton one of them. I just love the soundtrack and I’ve been obsessing over it. Recently I found this tag created by Maureen Keavy and of course I had to tag myself and do it!

In case you don’t know, Hamilton: An American Musical, is about “the ten-dollar founding father without a father”, Alexander Hamilton. For those who like History, America or musicals in general, it’s very entertaining! The songs have some hip-hop and R&B influences, and it’s so interesting!
Let’s get to the tag, shall we? 




The Room Where It Happens: A Book World You Would Put Yourself In

I wanna be in the room
Where it happens
The room where it happens
The room where it happens

For this one I chose Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I’ve always wanted to have a glimpse of how it was living in the 19th century’s England. The costumes, the ways, the formalities…

The Schuyler Sisters: An Underrated Female Character


And when I meet Thomas Jefferson (unh!)
I’mma compel him to include women in the sequel
Work!

Claire Fraser from the Outlander series. She is so smart, so modern and she has claws, which makes her such a strong woman! However, for reasons that people who read this series (or are currently reading, like me) or/and watches the show know, Jamie has our full attention *wink wink*.







My Shot: A character that goes after what they want and doesn’t let anything stop them

I am not throwing away my shot
Hey yo, I’m just like my country
I’m young, scrappy and hungry
And I’m not throwing away my shot

Aelin Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series. She is not just a pretty face! She is smart, has always a witty remark ready, she’s badass who also loves her dresses, sleeping, reading… But most important: she has ideals and is willing to fight for them, even if she has to disobey to her master.


Resultado de imagem para The Reynolds Pamphlet Hamilton gifs



Resultado de imagem para You'll be Back Hamilton gifs You’ll Be Back: Sassiest Villain

Cuz when push comes to shove
I will kill your friends and family
To remind you of my love

This one is not a book villain (I mean, it is, but I don’t really know if the villain from the TV show is an accurate portrait of the book character), but I’d go to Moriarty from Sherlock. Damn, I love him.








Non-Stop: A series you marathoned
Are you
Running out of time? 
How do you write like tomorrow won’t arrive?
How do you write like you need it to survive?
How do you write ev’ry second you’re alive?
Ev’ry second you’re alive? Ev’ry second you’re alive?

The Hunger Games is the chosen one! I devoured each book because I couldn’t stop reading. Okay, perhaps I took more time to finish Mockingjay but that was because it is my least favorite.


Resultado de imagem para alexander hamilton gifs



Helpless: A relationship you were rooting for from the start
                                                       
My sister made her way across the room to you
And I got nervous, thinking “What’s she gonna do?”
She grabbed you by the arm, I’m thinkin’ “I’m through”
Then you look back at me and suddenly I’m
Helpless!

Will Herondale & Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices are SO CUTE! I also ship Jessa, but Will appeared first! My one and only favorite love triangle, I swear!






Satisfied: Favourite book with multiple POVs

Handsome, boy, does he know it!
Peach fuzz, and he can’t even grow it!
I wanna take him far away from this place
Then I turn and see my sister’s face and she is…
Helpless…

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell! The book is so sweet and tender… It reminds me of young love. Literally.






Resultado de imagem para Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story Hamilton gifsWho Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A book/series that will be remembered throughout History

But when you’re gone, who remembers your name?
Who keeps your flame?
Who tells your story?
Who tells your story?

Harry Potter, of course! Is there any doubt? There are few people who’ve never even heard of the movies!


Resultado de imagem para Who Lives Who Dies Who Tells Your Story hamilton gifs




Imagem relacionada
Ten Duel Commandments: Favourite fight scene

Look ‘em in the eye, aim no higher
Summon all the courage you require

I’m not a person who has favourite fight scenes, but if I must choose, I’m going to pick one from Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas. I just love how unexpectedly old faces appeared and how Rowan managed to get help from within Maeve’s armada.





Say No To This: A guilty pleasure read

Lord, show me how to
Say no to this
I don’t know how to
Say no to this

I don’t have guilty pleasures when we are talking about books, I guess. But I’m just going to pick a book that I like and that I don’t usually speak about it to anyone. Please Forgive Me by                                                                                                  Melissa Hill is the book.



Resultado de imagem para Eliza Hamilton gifs




Resultado de imagem para What Comes Next Hamilton gifsWhat Comes Next?: A series you wished had more books

Awesome. Wow
Do you have a clue what happens now?

Do I reeeeaaally have to choose a series? If I must, then I choose Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. The last one had a very rushed epilogue with some things and characters that came from nowhere and perhaps a few more pages (or a book, but not sure) would have been better.




Resultado de imagem para Right Hand Man Hamilton gifsRight Hand Man: Favourite BROTP

Here comes the General!
And his right hand man!

Since I finished A Court of Mist and Fury and I love Cassian and Rhysand, I will choose them.






Imagem relacionada




What I’d Miss: A book or series you were late to reading

So what’d I miss?
What’d I miss?

Throne of Glass ou A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas, I can’t decide!






Imagem relacionada
Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive

Stay alive ‘til this horror show is past
We’re gonna fly a lot of flags half-mast

Sam. Cortland. Why did you have to die in such a gruesome way?! I cried and legit mourned him for a few days….







Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship

I’m erasing myself from the narrative
Let future historians wonder how Eliza
Reacted when you broke her heart
You have torn it all apart
I am watching it
Burn

Ian Bealfire and Alexia White from Broken- Despedaçada by my friend Tânia. Why Tânia? Why?!







Imagem relacionadaThe Reynolds Pamphlet: A book with a twist you didn’t see coming

The charge against me
Is a connection with one James Reynolds!
For purposes of
Improper speculation
My real crime is an
Amorous connection with his wife
For a considerable time
With his knowing consent

The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins surely had me shocked because of the twist!


I tag whoever wants to do this! It is fuuuuuuuun!









PS: I am sorry for the format of the post, I don't know what is happening, but I can't correct some of the details. I'm sorry if it bothers you.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário