Your Valentine Ship

em sábado, 17 de fevereiro de 2018 |

Can you feel the looove tonight!

You can't? Don't worry. You'll feel it right after reading this post!
Resultado de imagem para disney gifs about love
Today I’m bringing (along with Tânia) a very special (and romantic) post!
We went to our Instagram account (@thinking_likeafangirl, which, by the way, you should totally follow it)  and asked our followers to choose between a pair of OTPs. The results will be shared on this post and I (with the precious help of Tânia) will talk about the chosen OTPs. 

Before we get to the point, this post might contain spoilers for the following books/series:
The Mortal Instruments
The Dark Artifices
The Infernal Devices
The Hunger Games
Red Queen
A Court of Thorns and Roses
Me Before You
Twilight


 
Shall we start?

Clary and Jace
“There is no pretending,” Jace said with absolute clarity. “I love you, and I will love you until I die and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.”
“I love you, Jace Wayland—Herondale—Lightwood—whatever you want to call yourself. I don’t care. I love you and I will always love you, and pretending it could be any other way is just a waste of time.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

When I read The Mortal Instruments for the first time I loved loved loved Clary and Jace. They were THE OTP. You’ll love the witty remarks of Jace and how he gets all corny when he’s with Clary.




Magnus and Alec
“Magnus raised his head and looked up and over at Alec; it was a look that made Clary flush and glance away. There was so much love in it, mixed with exasperation and pride and despair. It was an unguarded look, and it felt wrong to see it.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire

They shall remain my first homosexual OTP. Until they came off as a pair I had never read a book with a same gender romantic pair before. I love Magnus and he was so different from Alec, but they are perfect nevertheless. They complement each other and that’s so good.





Emma and Jules
“Break my heart, he said. "Break it in pieces. I give you my permission.”
― Cassandra Clare, Lord of Shadows
“We are bound together, Emma, bound together—I breathe when you breathe, I bleed when you bleed, I’m yours and you’re mine, you’ve always been mine, and I have always, always belonged to you!”
― Cassandra Clare, Lady Midnight

Cassandra Clare has a talent to create heart-breaking relationships. Emma and Jules are, currently, my second favorite OTP. They’ve grown together and were always there for each other.
I love them so much that I chose these two quotes because I believe that they sum up their relationship.


Katniss and Peeta
“To this day, I can never shake the connection between this boy, Peeta Mellark, and the bread that gave me hope, and the dandelion that reminded me that I was not doomed.”
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games

Peeta is so sweet and caring! He did what he could to protect Katniss even before the beginning of the Games. What I loved the most was seeing how their love evolves from “fake” (I know that Peeta loved her way before the Hunger Games) to real.







Mare and Maven
“You could have been my red queen.”
― Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen

This ship is messed up and If you’ve read Red Queen you’ll know why. I still ship them, though! In the beginning I thought that they could have a chance to be truly happy, but I guess that’s why the concept of shipping was created: to make you suffer. A lot.







Tessa and Will
 “I thought perhaps that when you told me you did not love me that my own feelings would fall away and atrophy, but they have not. They have grown every day. I love you now more desperately, this moment, than I have ever loved you before, and in an hour I will love you more than that”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

Brace yourselves for I will start talking non-stop about my all time OTP. That´s right! I’m about to start fangirling very hard. Prepare to follow my hype train!
These two. Ah these two make me swoon and sigh! Cassandra Clare sure knows how to hit me right on the feels with Will and Tessa. I love them so much! I love Tessa and Jem too, but… Argh! How can I express myself with looking like I’m having a stroke? They are part of a love triangle. The best love triangle I’ve ever read about (and I usually hate love triangles). Also, their love reminds me of A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. That book is also quoted by Will, so… Want it or not, you'll ship it!





Resultado de imagem para will and lou me before you fan artWill and Lou

“All I can say is that you make me... you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful. I would rather be with you - even the you that you seem to think is diminished - than with anyone else in the world.”
- Jojo Moyes, Me Before You

Before talking about this AMAZING ship, let’s talk quickly about the book. If you have not read Me before you WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?

Now Lou and Will, they don’t complement each other, they don’t quite fit together, but they teach one another something important: how to live.
After the accident Will had no will to live he existed simply because dying was not an option.
All her life Lou has been comfortable on the known, working the same job, doing the same things.
With Will, Louisa will learn how big – and amazingly fantastic the world can be. And with Lou, Will will learn that happiness can me found even in the darkest of places.
I think their story is beautiful because it transcends anything ‘’physical’’, it’s really not about it, it’s about being in the company of someone you love – someone that loves you back – and enjoy living, discovering, talking.

Whenever I read this book – or see the movie (which is very good by the way) I always ended up felling like I need to live more – do more, be more. So they don’t only make themselves want to leave but they make you want to live as well.



Will and Jem (bromance)

Imagem relacionada
“Jem knotted his fingers in the material of Will's sleeve. "You are my parabatai," he said, "You said once I could ask anything of you.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess
I wish I had a relationship like these two have. That’s all I have to say!













Imagem relacionada
Edward and Bella

''I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me.''

This was my first ever OTP and I WILL PROUDLY STAND BY IT EVEN IF I HAVE TO FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH.
>> hateful comments will be deleted <<
I fell in love with Bella and Edward back in 2009, almost a year after the first movie had gone out and instantaneously fell in love with Edward. Who didn’t dream, from that point of one, of entering a class in high school and lock eyes with a special someone and be swept of your feet.
That was me, after seeing Twilight. This movie – an later the books, changed my life. I started reading and then writing, I found friends and the courage to be my weird self with those around me.

So this two, these are my all-time favourite couple, not only because their relationship, but because I think Edward encouraged Bella to be bolder, wilder, and because of him she found a strength she didn’t know she had, and although women don’t need a man to be strong I think that we – humans – sometimes need a hand to help guide us to how full potential. For Bella that hand was Edward and his family.


Image result for rhysand and feyreRhysand and Feyre 


“To the people who look at the stars and wish, Rhys."

Rhys clinked his glass against mine. “To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.”

Hands down to one of the best ships I’ve shipped in my life.

Hands down to two amazingly written characters who are strong and independent and so much better together than apart.

Really, does this couple need explain.

Mates. Best friends. Lovers. High Lords.


Read the book and find why everyone finds this ship so amazing, because saying it takes the fun away. So try the book, fall in love and learn all the things this beautiful, beautiful, couple has to teach you. 



Related imageCassian and Nesta

“I have no regrets in my life, but this. That we did not have time. That I did not have time with you, Nesta.’’

This couple. This couple gives me all the feels.

I relate to both a lot; I usually feel too much and those emotions sometimes make me sound indifferent, like Nesta; but I have an unusual sense of loyalty and I can’t stand injustices – I have to at least try to make things right, a bit like Cassian who will always help those who need.


Their relationship borders the typical love-hate ones but it’s so good. There is no way you can read ACOTAR and not ship it. I’m so confident that I dare you to read it and not ship it – I’ll read and review a book of your choice if you honestly do not ship them after reading A Court of Thornes and Roses series.


Related image
Azriel and Elain

I have nothing to say about this ship.

I can’t.

I did ship it, but SJM has confirmed that they are more of a brother and sister relationship. Honestly, I kind of understand (don’t hate me), Elain has a mate who is not Azriel and my baby deserves someone who’ll be only his.


So, cutie, cutie, but doomed to sink









Which ones are your favorite ships? Let us know!





1 comentário:

  1. I agree with Mare and Maven. They are one of my favorite ships. My other ship is Michael and Taylor from the Michael Vey series.

    ResponderEliminar