Review - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

em quinta-feira, 27 de julho de 2017 |
Imagem relacionada
Hey guys!
Today I bring you something different! A movie review! I've been wanting to expand my review for a few different topics. 
Movies, apparently will be the first!


For those of you that are Portuguese and got the chance to be and Comic Con Portugal 2016 you know how annoying it was to hear Valerian’s trailer every 30 minutes.


Here’s trailer that played for 4 days straight every 30 minutes:

Although the main reason I went to watch the movie was the inside joke with my friends (Thank you Comic Con!) the movie did look interesting.

This 2 hours (2h and 17 minutes) were very enjoyable, even though I now have a few story-line-problems with it.

But we’ll go to that later.

Resultado de imagem para Valerian and the City of a Thousand PlanetsValerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is the story of Valerian (Dane DeHaan) and Laureline (Cara Delevingne) are two agents of the human organization that tries to maintain the thin balanced of a civilization that willingly came together to share knowledge and grow together.

I’d love to live in that ‘’arc’’, learn and grow with creatures from other worlds? And live in space? Sign me in!

It’s a really great story with awesome fighting scenes and plotlines. Which takes me to my problems with the plot. Or better, the characters.

Here’s the deal, I’m a storyteller and that makes me more attentive towards the lines behind the main frame. Give me credit, please.

I was surprised to see that the main character is actually the male and not the female (I thought her name was Valerian before. Ups… ). I don’t know why but I thought Cara Delevingne was the protagonist, my mistake and not really my problem with their story.

>> has minor spoiler

My problem is, the sub-plot is a romance, it’s kind of obvious – but we all like it – but this one is different. We are told they already know each other, they are partner and are constantly flirting. Which is fine really. But how do they go from her rejecting trying a thing with him, because his a womanizer and then he just proposes? How do you go from wanting to date someone to PROPOSE?! WHAT? WHAT?!?
…what?...
Okay moment over.

>> minor spoiler over.

That’s my big problem with this story’s construction. Because otherwise the characterization of the aliens, planets, different creatures/animals, robots, their amazing.

The Pearls from the planet of Mul were my favourite by far. So well constructed and painted – their blue. And honestly better human beings then us.

>> spoilers from now one, read at your own risk.
Resultado de imagem para Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
The Pearls had their planet destroyed by humans – that they didn’t even know existed – they lost 6 million people. Children, mothers, fathers, all their families. They spent 30 years in space, living and not-living, unknown to every living soul. And still, they didn’t want revenge or to hurt does who destroyed their everything, they just wanted to build a home and be left to live their lives.

>> no more spoilers.


Take what you learn from this movie and be a better human, yes? ‘Cause this planet needs better humans.


2 comentários:

  1. Parece interessante embora eu seja mais terror 😉

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Estou muito ansiosa para o ir ver ao cinema, mas ainda não tive oportunidade!
    Beijinhos!

    http://biaentresonhos.blogspot.pt/

    ResponderEliminar