Review- Aversion by Kenechi Udogu

em domingo, 23 de julho de 2017 |
Aversion (The Mentalist Series, #1)Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Please read the following text at your expense and risk.





Synopsis:
For Gemma Green’s first time, things should have been straightforward. Find your subject, hold their gaze and push a thought into their head to save them from future disaster – Aversion complete. A pretty simple process given that the subject was to have no recollection of the experience. But Russ Tanner doesn’t seem to want to forget. In fact the more she tries to avoid him, the more he pushes to get to know her. Gemma knows she has a problem but is she facing the side effects of a failed Aversion or has the school’s tennis champ really fallen for her?





Aversion is the first book from The Mentalist Series by Kenechi Udogu.
From the moment I started this book, I was captivated by the story behind it. I was amazed by the whole idea of Aversion and so I wanted to know more. In the first book, however, I discovered that all I knew was close to nothing when I reached the end. It’s not a flaw, I must say, because not even Gemma (the only female Averter- or so she thought) knew much more.
It was easy for me to read the beginning of the series (mainly because I was a sucker for Gemma and Russ). The book itself was well written, which helped.
Two aspects I found negative:
-Sometimes I felt that the action was forced and rushed, leaving less room to explore more the concept of Aversion.
- Gemma is a lovely person and even though she seems a bit odd at the beginning, we can understand her motives thanks to the fact that the whole book is narrated from her perspective in the first person. Yet, it doesn’t change the fact that I found her a little too simple as a character.
- The end left me a little confused and made me question things like: How did so suddenly Gemma discovers she can talk with Russ using nothing more but her mind? No touching involved!
I’m looking forward to read the second book because I want to find out more about Gemma’s condition as Progressive Empath and her connection with Russ. I hope Kenechi Udogu will explore it more through the story.
 


Rating: 4/5

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário