|Review| Roomies | Christina Lauren

em domingo, 16 de setembro de 2018 |
Hello book-nerds!
Lately, I've been into a romance kind of bindge read so that get surprise by the amount of romance books you'll be reading about in the future.

34466910Synopsis:


Marriages of convenience are so…inconvenient.
Rescued by Calvin McLoughlin from a would-be subway attacker, Holland Bakker pays the brilliant musician back by pulling some of her errand-girl strings and getting him an audition with a big-time musical director. When the tryout goes better than even Holland could have imagined, Calvin is set for a great entry into Broadway—until he admits his student visa has expired and he’s in the country illegally.

Holland impulsively offers to wed the Irishman to keep him in New York, her growing infatuation a secret only to him. As their relationship evolves from awkward roommates to besotted lovers, Calvin becomes the darling of Broadway. In the middle of the theatrics and the acting-not-acting, what will it take for Holland and Calvin to realise that they both stopped pretending a long time ago?


Review: 


My curiosity is always what makes me adventure into books I know nothing about. When people talk too much about something, either good or bad, I just have to go and read/see it

And it happened again with Roomies by Christina Lauren. All over booktube, people were going crazy over this book.

But what’s so special about it?

I wanted to find out.

This is a very easy read, the writing his simple but compelling, a few pages in you’re completely pulled in. And the kind-of slow burn… I. LOVED. IT.

Even tough characters from romance books are always slightly unrealistic (that’s why we read these books, right?), I found these ones pretty human. Their wants and needs, and dreams. They all spoke to my heart.

Besides the unreasonability in this book, which I feel presents itself in all romance books, the characters were all very well-constructed.

I loved Holland, despite her rushed decision – which I’ll be honest and say I’d probably do the same if my crush looked like Calvin –, she was 100% my favourite character. Relatable, lovable and so well-constructed, that there isn’t a moment the reader is not rooting for her.

Obviously, I was also complete in love with Calvin, he is not only beautiful,  but he plays guitar, and that’s just the recipe for the perfect male character.

As I mentioned before, the writing is very compelling, it pulls you into the story almost immediately (probably the reason why I read it so quickly) and you just have to keep reading, keep feeding the addiction until unfortunately you reach the end.

I liked it way more than Colleen Hoover’s books. So if you’re a fan of her books, or just romance books in general, give Roomies a try.


Rating: 4,5 stars

1 comentário: