| Review | A Reaper At The Gates | Sabaa Tahir

em sexta-feira, 7 de setembro de 2018 |


Before we proceed, if you have an Instagram you need to go and follow Sabaa Tahir because she’s the best. Seriously, stop reading, go there and then come back.
Now that you’ve done that, and your life is much better, we can proceed. Be aware that A Reaper at the Gates is the third instalment of the An Ember in the Ashes saga so this review will contain spoiler for the first two books.


So, Elias. Can people stop hurting my sweet baby? He’s so precious and deserves better!!!

And Laia and Helene. Just let them be happy!!

In this book we dive a little deeper into Sabaa’s world, we get to know our villain and even empathise with him. Or was that jus me?

I felt his pain and kind of understood his decisions. I mean, wouldn’t you do everything you could to save those you loved?

After a Torch Against the Night my expectations were over the roof for this book, and so as always, I was a bit disappointed. This book was amazing, fast-paced, full of action and with amazing character development; however, I can’t explain way, but I was deeply disappointed with the first 100 pages of the book. And this might just because it has been so long since I read the second book that my mind made it better than it was, or maybe my taste changed…

But, after that beginning, I got so emerged in the story, in Sabaa’s writing, that it became everything I was waiting for and more.

Her characters are just so good, you cannot not fall in love for them. If any of you don’t like Elias, Laia, Darwin or Helene, I will personally fight you.

What broke my heart in this book was Elias situation, as you know he is now Soul Catcher and… WHHYYYY. It’s just so sad to see such an amazing human being, being dealt such a lousy hand in life.

The action in this book was mind blowing, you’re reading and then everything is happening, you’re jumping between places and following different character… and wow.

It was just amazing, I just wanted to keep reading and keeping having pages. I also wanted to murder the author but that’s an entirely different story.

If you liked the first two book, and can you not, you’ll definitely loved this one. Just wait until you meet Darin. *evil face*

Rating: 4,5 stars


Are you a fan of An Ember in the Ashes? Are you following Sabaa Tahir?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário