Review-Keepers by Kenechi Udogu

em quarta-feira, 6 de setembro de 2017 |
Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Please read the following text at your expense and risk.
Resultado de imagem para Keepers by Kenechi Udogu






Synopsis:
The dust appears to have settled after the brief descent of the Progressive Empaths on Sandes. But, if there is any truth to Anthony’s story, Gemma and her friends know they might soon have to face the mysterious Keepers. Myth or real threat, one thing is certain; running is no longer an option, for any of them. Can Gemma protect the ones she loves without forming an unlikely alliance?







Keepers is the third and last book from The Mentalist Series by Kenechi Udogu.
I felt that this book was more balanced than the others. The action didn’t stay just for the end and at the beginning I was getting the type of “oh this is going to be good” vibes. I must say that I felt more enthusiasm about this book in the beginning.
There are points that I liked more and points that I like less about this book, and I’m going to point them.

Positive points:
-The different points of view, more exactly Russ and Gemma’s points of view.
In my opinion, the points of view made the book richer. It was interesting to get a little into Russ’s head and watch the action through “not super human” eyes.
-The development of the characters.
The character whose development I liked the best was Russ. He becomes more and more intuitive, appearing, sometimes, to have more acknowledge about the situations than the others.
Jose was also a good add up to the story. He gave us more explanations about the Averter’s world and proved to be useful on that matter.
-I felt that there was more action than in the previous books.

Negative points:
-I felt like there wasn’t a conclusion.
Some points such as the bound between Gemma and Russ, their shared visions and dreams, even Gemma’s strange visions and even other points weren’t properly explained.
-Some characters seemed to be forgotten.
When Peter appeared in the end, I realized that I had forgotten his existence throughout the book. I wish some points about him were explained.

In summary, this was the book from the series that I enjoyed the most! Being the first experience with Paranormal books, I can say it was a good one!
Don’t miss my next review about Broken Ties, a prequel from The Mentalist Series! I will also publish a review about the Box Set of the series.




Rating: 4/5 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário