8 on 8 - April

em quinta-feira, 13 de abril de 2017 |
Hey guys!
Thinking Like a Fangirl is now participating on the monthly rubric ‘’8 on 8’’. Here us and another 8 blogs, will be choosing 8 books to represent the theme of the month
This is my first month as a part of this ‘’project’’, so to speak, and April’s theme is: funny characters.
If you'd like to know what my partners choose, go give them a visit:


Let’s so this then! They are in no particular order!




Willian ‘Will’ Herondale on The Infernal Devices

I fell in love with this character from the moment I first read about him. And one of the main reasons is his humour. Will is almost a kid when it comes to being serious and those of you who’ve read the books know it.
Here’s a bit that makes me laugh every time I read it.
“Demon pox, oh demon poxJust how is it acquired?One must go down to the bad part of townUntil one is very tired.Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—Not the pox, you foolish blocks,I mean this very song— For I was right, and you were wrong!"






Jace – to many last names on The Mortal Instruments


I saw that many of my fellow colleagues have mention him and I have to agree.
Jace has a kind of humour that is very defining, unique in a kind of way. I like the way he masks everything he feels under sarcasm and dark humour.
Good job Cassandra Clare!
 


Patch Cipriano on Hush Hush




Another character that doesn’t have the ‘normal’ humour, so to speak, but rather a flirting humour.
‘’You can call me Patch. I mean it. Call me’’
Which I fell in love desperately when I read it.





Jacob Black and Emmett Cullen on Twilight

You may find this choice rather weird, but yeah, Jacob Black in the books is one of the funniest characters of the saga. And the movies didn’t show that to well, but hey, books are always better than the movies. Right?
Another one is Emmett, I remember clearly laughing at some of his lines in the books, but not really feeling much for him in the books – mistake me not, Kellan Lutz *-* but Em is not entirely Em is the movie.

Magnus Bane on every book of the shadowhunter world

I feel like I’m making a list of every character written by Cassandra Clare that I find funny.
But it’s true that she as a canning ability to make funny/witty characters that you can’t help but fall for.
Magnus is in every single one of her books and in which one he seems to have more 
charisma than the previous.



Kenji on Shatter Me

One of the funniest characters I had the pleasure to meet.
Unlike most of the characters on this list, Kenji is plain funny rather that dak-funny or witty.
He makes the story flow and I just adore him. I’m not going to stand here and make complicated reasons why he’s in this list. He’s awesome. He’s funny. LOVE KENJI.







Damon Salvatore on The Vampire Chronicles

It may seem like I’m cheating but I read every published book of the vampire chronicles (otherwise known as the books that inspired The Vampire Diaries).

And again, book Damon is funnier than tv show Damon. More sarcastic and that makes him funny. It’s again that ‘’dark-humour’’ thing. He makes stupid/sarcastic comments that make you laugh.
One of the many reasons I fell for him.








That’s it for this month 8 on 8!
Stay tuned for the next one!

1 comentário:

  1. Hi!! :)

    I'm glad to read your "8 on 8" chiinces for this month.. :) And you have one carchter in common: Jace!

    Well, I read the first "Hush Hush" book and I almost agree with Patch.. :P

    ResponderEliminar