Review: Me Before You

em quarta-feira, 24 de junho de 2015 |

Review:
Normally, I don’t fancy books like this one, actually, I find them quite depressing, because, when I read, I do it to forget my problems and to dive into a world in which everything, one way or the other, ends with a happy ever after.

Me before you brings us the story of Lou and Will. Lou is a girl who likes to have everything planned, she even know how many steps she has to give from the bus stop to her home for God’s sake! Will was a very active person who finds itself confine to a wheelchair, quadriplegic, after a terrible accident.
Will has lost is will to live and Lou has lost her job. Now their lives are entwined and Lou has six months to change Will’s mentality.

However, while this is a good book, it’s one of those in which you know that it’s going to hurt you, you can feel the darkness rising threatening your happy ending, you just don’t mind, because the book it’s fascinating.
I don’t know I will be keen on reading the next but this one, really made me think about what I’m doing with my life and how quick you can have everything taken away from you.
This is tale about love, loss, grief and anger definitely worth reading. Personally I find this book very inspirational.


Good work Jojo Moyes.

Rate: 9.5/10
More information: If you have enjoyed this book you can follow the adventure of Lou in After You (from goodreads)
You can buy Me before you in AmazonBook Depository and many more.
Me Before You filme is set to come out 3rd june 2016 with Sam Claflin as Will Traynor and Emilia Clark as Lou Clarke

Favourite quotes: "You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."

"Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE." 

"Some mistakes... Just have greater consequences than others. But you don't have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you."
"I will never, ever regret the things I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to."                 


If you have an opinion to give about this book let me know in the comments and please, if you are going to say a spoiler, start your comment with #SpoilerAlert, so that other may enjoy the book as much as we did.

- Tânia Dias

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário