Are they ever leaving? - Top 3

em quarta-feira, 19 de setembro de 2018 |

Hello book nerds!
Have you ever been really excited to read a specific book and then, when you finally get your hands on a copy, you just don't feel like reading it anymore?
Well, I have a few on my list, but today I'll be going through my top three books that have been sitting in my book shelf, patiently awaiting for my will to read them to return.





  1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

10194157

Synopsis:
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha . . . and the secrets of her heart.


I bought this book back in 2014 when I went to London and was so excited to read it, it had been in my to-buy list since forever. For some reason I got home, started reading and... the world didn't call to me anymore.
I've started it about 3 times and I'm still unable to read this gods-forsken book.

    2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard



22328546

Synopsis:

This is a world divided by blood - red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power. Fearful of Mare's potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime. But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance - Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart

I still, to this day, have not made myself buy this book. Why? I don't know. I've been meaning to read it since it first come out, but for some reason it just keeps being pushed to the end of a very long list

    3. The Kiss of Deception by  Mary E. Pearson

16429619

Synopsis:
A princess must find her place in a reborn world.

She flees on her wedding day.

She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.

She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.

She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.

The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance.

Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.

Another book that, like the Read Queen, has just been being pushed down the list of the books I want to read (and should buy so I can do so).

To be fair, the fault is not only mine... it's also from the authors who keep writing amazing books I just can't wait to read.
But what about you? Do you have a list of books you will one day force yourself to read? Or is your control better than mind? 
Let me know in the comments. 
Also! Tell me which of these books I should read first and I'll try and make it happen. Help me take these books out of this list!

1 comentário:

  1. Same com o The Kiss of Deception, até comprei a trilogia toda 😂 Mas o meu principal "omd tenho de comprar o livro já" e depois ele acabar parado imenso tempo na estante foi o A 5ª Vaga

    ResponderEliminar